Neck discomfort, headache (known as menstrual migraine) or breast swelling. Many and very varied are the symptoms when your period is about to come and even when you are with it. In fact, there are many women who complain of leg pain during their period. Why do your legs hurt when you’re on your period? In this article we tell you!
Causes of leg pain during menstruation
- Menstrual cramps, also known as menstrual cramps, are a very common ailment among a sector of the female population. Did you know that women under the age of 30 are more likely to suffer from this type of ailment? The reason, according to experts, is that they are girls who have not yet become pregnant. But they are not the only ones, women who had a very early period or who are overweight or obese are also more likely to suffer leg pain when they are on their period.
- Leg discomfort is one of the most common symptoms during your period and usually occurs at night. Why do these sensations occur? The culprits or “culprits” are hormones, as well as activity in the uterus and ovaries, which alter blood flow.
- If the leg pain is constant and strong enough, it is advisable to go to the gynecologist. In some cases, behind this discomfort, there are diseases such as endometriosis (the endometrium is located outside the uterus), fibroids (benign and, therefore, non-cancerous tumor in the uterus) or some type of infection (ovarian cysts or abnormal pregnancy).
Remedies to relieve leg pain when you are on your period
- To reduce these symptoms, some of the methods used for fluid retention and circulation problems can be applied.
- Do you know phytotherapy? It is the use of products of plant origin to treat ailments or diseases. In the case of leg pain when you are on your period, the consumption of plants such as blueberries or fennel can help to alleviate the feeling of heaviness and swelling. Other herbs that you can take are green tea or ginger, as both have anti-inflammatory properties. You can consume them in capsules, in infusions, in cream… You choose the option that is most comfortable for you!
- Try giving yourself a gentle massage before going to bed. With your fingertips, go making gentle pressures that run from the feet to the thighs. Help yourself with a little almond oil to make it easier for you.