Pain relievers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol can be of great help at specific times to reduce menstrual pain. However, if there are natural options that can help us reduce those pains, much better. We tell you what are the best foods to avoid menstrual pain.
And it is that although there are lucky women who have never felt the pain of ovulation, most of us suffer every month from a series of annoying menstrual pains that, in one way or another, interfere with our lives and leave us practically without energy.
What are the best foods to avoid menstrual pain?
- Salmon or tuna. These fish are full of Omega 3 fatty acids that help us fight the inflammation that we suffer during those days, relieving related pain.
- Nuts such as walnuts or pistachios. These foods are rich in magnesium, which helps us relax the musculature of the uterus that causes contractions during the period.
- Fiber-rich foods, such as brown rice or cereals. This nutrient favors intestinal movements and helps us eliminate estrogens that have already fulfilled their function in the body.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach orchard are rich in calcium, magnesium and potassium, which helps us prevent spasms that lead to colic pain. In addition, they can help us relax our emotions and reduce the irritability typical of those days.
- The pineapple _ This fruit contains a large amount of manganese and bromelain, nutrients that help relax muscles and therefore prevent menstrual cramps.
- Foods rich in vitamin D, such as eggs or anchovies, have anti-inflammatory properties, which helps reduce back pain or migraines.
And of course, lots and lots of liquid. Water and teas will help us reduce fluid retention typical of those days, which is the cause of cramps and acute pain.
Knowing now which are the best foods against menstrual cramps, you just have to change your diet a little during those days to help your body deal with all those hormonal changes that can be very annoying.