During our menstrual cycle we can suffer some disorders that make these days heavier. To avoid suffering from these symptoms, some remedies must be taken into account.
Tips during menstruation
- Do not alter your rhythm of life during these days. Stress is an enemy in menstruation and relaxation methods are very effective to avoid it. Also do not avoid exercise that can act as a relaxant due to the ability to produce endorphins.
- The cold is a bad companion. The most recommended are hot or warm water baths to reduce pain, or apply heat to the abdomen.
- Do not take aspirin. Acetylsalicylic acid has an anticoagulant effect, and this will cause heavier bleeding than usual. For menstrual pain you can use drugs such as ibuprofen without abusing them.
- Avoid junk food. A healthy and balanced diet will help you reduce discomfort, unlike fats and sugars. Calcium, fruits and vegetables are highly recommended in menstruation.
- No to bad habits. Carbonated and caffeinated drinks, alcohol and tobacco are vices that you should avoid to ward off the pain that occurs during these days. It is recommended to drink a lot of water so as not to retain fluids and feel less bloated.