Surely many times you have considered how to control your menstrual cycle each month and you feel anxious and do not know what to do. Don’t worry, many women suffer some irregularity throughout their lives, since we all want our period to come on its right day, for the flow to be normal, for a correct duration and without pain. In short, a perfect menstruation. For this reason, today we are going to introduce you to some remedies that will help you control those irregularities that drive you crazy every month.
10 ways to manage the menstrual cycle
- Eat more fruit and vegetables. These foods favor the production of estrogen in the body. For example, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, plums, oranges, lemons, broccoli, artichokes or spinach.
- Avoid eating refined foods. Sugar and white flour can cause imbalances in the hormonal and menstrual cycle. You can eat them, but in small amounts and if not, you can replace them with whole foods, which are more nutritious.
- Consume omega 3. This type of fat can be very effective in treating irregular menstrual cycles and even better coping with PMS. Tuna or salmon, chia seeds, extra virgin olive oil, avocados or nuts are some of the foods that contain this natural source of fat.
- Thyme tea can help control excessive blood flow. It can be drunk twice a day. In addition, it also relieves premenstrual symptoms.
- Chamomile is very effective for spasmodic pain, while evening primrose oil (capsules), St. John’s wort, raspberry leaves or yarrow generally help control menstrual pain.
- In cases of amenorrhea, which is the absence of the rule, there are natural remedies that can help it manifest. Some of them are aloe Vera or basil.
- _ This process can help you relieve menstrual cramps, excessive menstruation, as well as regulate hormonal balance. To do this, you can use essential oils as a massage in the lower abdomen, such as: lavender, geranium, rose, cypress or fennel oil.
- Take trace elements. Vitamin A and B6, iron and zinc help regulate the menstrual cycle and avoid the absence of rule.
- As always, avoid caffeine consumption, red meat intake, but do take proteins and complex carbohydrates such as brown rice or flax or semanum seeds.
- Finally, you can perform relaxation exercises to escape from day to day, stress or fatigue. Practice yoga and relax your mind so that everything flows correctly and your menstruation does not give you more trouble.