Some women have irregular periods and their menstrual cycles have days that are too uneven and it is even probable that they sometimes stop and then return or not return until the next menstrual cycle. This fact can make a woman worry when she is not used to this behavior of the period, but women who have irregular periods can see it as normal.
What is certain that the period if it is cut sometimes or has an irregular cycle can be caused by some reasons. Below you will see some reasons why the rule sometimes stops or why you have abnormal menstruation.
Why is the rule cut off sometimes?
- Possible pregnancy. If you have had unprotected intercourse and you have had a small period and it has stopped, it was not a period and it was simply implantation bleeding, so it is likely that you are pregnant. Although implantation bleeding is pink in color and often very light, many women mistake it for an extremely light period.
- Birth control pills. Many women take birth control pills to have a regular period, but the first six months of taking these contraceptive pills it is likely that the period is not regular or that it even presents small disorders such as suddenly cutting.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. If you have had irregular periods for a long time or have frequent periods, your doctor is likely to think (and test you) that you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. It is a very common disorder and although the name sounds horrible nowadays it can be perfectly treated.
- In puberty and puberty with the drastic hormonal changes that adolescent girls have, it is normal for the period to have strange behaviors and sometimes cut.
- Stress affects both physically and emotionally, something that directly affects your period and your hormones. When you are stressed, you are flooding your body with cortisol, something that will directly interfere with the hormones that regulate your period. This has an easy solution: you can practice yoga, breathing exercises, meditation, relaxation exercises… change your lifestyle if necessary, but stress will never lead you on the right path if you don’t manage it properly.
- Loss or gain weight in a short time. There are many reasons that can cause you to gain or lose weight quickly, such as thyroid disease, diseases, eating disorders, excessive exercise or an excessively sedentary life, etc. These weight changes can also cause your hormones to undergo changes and your period to cut from time to time.
- Breastfeeding can also cause your period to be late or to drop but stop earlier, etc.