Do you suffer from severe pain during your period and have you tried many methods? Perhaps you are interested in trying a new one, specifically from China and that you have heard on many occasions. In a word: acupuncture. Yes, you read correctly, this process can make you receive your period in another way and avoid that bad streak during your period.
Acupuncture, the remedy that doctors recommend
- Acupuncture is a remedy with many years behind it, whose main objective is the insertion of fine needles into the body. In this case, the areas to be treated would be the lower abdomen, hands, feet and back. With this, the nervous system is stimulated to produce calming substances such as serotonin and endorphins and thus produce a reduction in the discomfort caused (for example: abdominal pain), in this case, by the rule.
- For this reason, more and more doctors are encouraged to use this method to relieve the symptoms caused by menstruation. However, experts aim to use it as a preventative therapy. Although it may be more effective than many medications or natural remedies, pain can be considerably reduced, but in many cases, if the results are not visible after five sessions, another way is recommended to end them.
- This method can be performed by any woman who suffers from menstrual pain, although it is necessary to consult a gynecologist before undergoing a therapy of these characteristics and to be able to rule out any type of contraindication.
- When to start a session? Before the pain appears and between one or two a week for three or four months so that the results are noticeable for a while. On the other hand, if the pain reappears after that time, maintenance sessions would be needed.
- This traditional Chinese method can be the solution to your problems, but remember that you must combine it with a good lifestyle. Taking care of the diet or stress can relieve pain and make the therapeutic results that this therapy entails more effective.