Disney, the world’s largest media and entertainment company, created a short film in 1940 explaining the process of menstruation. This production is dedicated, above all, to girls who find this novelty in their bodies and don’t really know how to deal with the situation.
menstruation through cartoons
- In the approximately 10-minute video, the development that occurs in the body of women is explained.
- The body obeys the orders sent by the pituitary gland, located in the brain, which in turn releases a new hormone called maturation, which is responsible for starting the menstruation cycle.
- During the short, the functions of female organs such as the fallopian tubes and ovaries are also explained.
- The cartoons that appear in it and the female voice-over that narrates the video explain tips to best manage this cycle that characterizes women, and make clear the false myths that exist about it, such as not being able to bathe or do Exercise when you have your period.
- The story ‘ the history of menstruation’ is estimated to have been created for a presentation of sex education classes in America aimed at 105 million students and supervised by a gynecologist. The exhibition was accompanied by advertising brochures announcing the products used by women for the menstrual cycle.