Many of us know how uncomfortable the days before the period are; that pain that is felt in the belly and that can last from two to three days, that is why we want to share with you the best home remedies to relieve the pain of menstruation.
Home remedies to relieve period pain
Do you know what causes period pain and why some women suffer more than others? The pain is caused by the production of prostaglandins, a kind of hormone that can cause more or less intense uterine contractions, depending on the amount of prostaglandins that are released. Take note of these remedies and you will feel great relief.
Although it may seem impossible to you, exercising lightly the days before your period comes, makes the sensation of pain decrease. Take a brisk walk, swim in the pool, or do a few yoga poses.
A warm shower
Once you’ve gotten some exercise, the next step is to take a warm shower, or even a bath. You will be able to relax a bit while you enjoy some pleasant moments just for you.
In turn, rest is recommended for menstruation days, a cup of hot tea, a good book and a thermal bag to apply heat to the belly or kidney area. You will notice a big difference and you will eliminate stress.
- You can prepare a rich infusion of chamomile, put two teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers in your cup with boiling water and let it rest for a few moments.
- Do not leave aside the infusion of cinnamon, a natural painkiller widely used to alleviate this type of discomfort due to its manganese content. If you prefer, you can add a little cinnamon to your food or drinks.
- Have you tried the thyme infusion? It will give you an extra bit of much-needed energy on those days.
Take some mint
You can make an infusion or chew natural mint, it is a natural antispasmodic that will help you relieve your menstrual pain.
You should always stay hydrated, but even more so in the days before and during your period. Avoid excessive salt intake on those days as this can cause swelling and discomfort.
Massage with essential oils
- Another excellent remedy to soothe menstrual pain is to perform a gentle circular massage on your belly with a mixture of natural cinnamon, geranium or ginger oils. You can prepare the mixture yourself by adding a little almond oil.
- Finally, we can only remind you that to avoid period pain as much as possible, it is essential to lead a healthy life that includes sports, sleep on average 7 or 8 hours and follow a healthy and balanced diet.