During the time that menstruation lasts, many women have a tendency to gain weight due to fluid retention or the swelling that occurs in their belly. That is why food is key and you have to know what to eat and what products are totally prohibited to eat. If you usually gain a few extra kilos during your period, pay attention to the foods that you should include in your regular diet.
What should you eat to avoid gaining weight during your period?
- A food that cannot be missing in your daily diet are vegetables. Any of them are good since they are rich in calcium, magnesium and potassium. These minerals will help you soothe pain and calm your irritability. You can take them cooked, steamed or baked and thus benefit from its many nutrients.
- Omega 3 fatty acids. The intake of healthy fats such as omega 3 fatty acids are perfect to counteract the discomfort caused by menstruation. Foods such as salmon, walnuts and sardines cannot be missing from your diet, since they provide numerous benefits to your body.
- Tea is an excellent source of manganese, a mineral that helps reduce the pain of menstruation. Green tea is a drink known worldwide for its enormous benefits and because it helps you cleanse the body by eliminating accumulated fat. Chamomile will help you reduce your level of stress and irritability.
- Fluid retention is one of the consequences suffered during the menstrual period. Drinking water will help you end retention and cleanse the body of toxins. The most advisable thing is to drink about two liters a day.
- Eating yogurt helps to have a good digestion and is an excellent source of calcium that is perfect for relieving the symptoms caused by the rule. Apart from its numerous nutrients, it helps to satisfy hunger.